Wednesday 26 February 2014

Time to get organized!



Like many, one of my new year's resolutions of 2014 was to be more organized! Now so far this is going quite well, the only thing left on my list was my make-up. DUN DUN DUNNN.

First things first, i wanted to able to see the majority of my make-up as i seem to buy a ton and then never wear it because it's hidden away in my draws! I popped into Homesense (the living part of TkMaxx) and picked up a few things. 
These are the best things ever! Acrylic table toppers- in the store they had a majority of sizes and shapes so you could get one to fit whatever you needed! i got a medium sized one which was £7.99 which i thought was a bargain! I thought this would be perfect to put everyday makeup in so it's easy to grab in a hurry. Below i've placed the majority of my everyday makeup in and it displays it all perfectly. Also an added bonus is that it is made from acrylic which is super easy to wipe clean! I will definitely be purchasing more of these.

Another thing i tend to do is recycle old containers. I had a Yankee candle that had ran out (sobs) and the size is perfect to keep brushes in, also whenever i take a brush out it releases the scent of the previous candle! I decided to follow the trend of the 'jam jar' storage as i thought this was cute and oh-so-chic, i picked this one up from Wilkinsons for about £2.50 and i think it just adds a quirky edge to my dressing table. 

How do you store your make-up and what would you recommend?


2 comments: