Monday 1 September 2014

Tattoos: The big debate



You either love 'em or hate 'em right? No matter how you feel about tattoos they're always going to be part of our lives! 

As a 'soon to be' 18 year old, since the age of about 15 i've been obsessed with the idea of a needle permanently marking your skin and creating something so beautiful that you will have forever!! 
I mean i know there has been a few horrors over they years but as long as your careful and do your research, there's about a 0.00001% chance something could go wrong.

Now there is a few things you should consider before plunging into the deep end and taking the gun:

1. Do i really want it? Is this just a phase that you're going through, that you're going to grow out of in a couple of months, if you've wanted a tattoo for more than a year or so i'd say go for it!

2. Am i being pressured into this? Just because i think my boyfriend/girlfriend/friends look cool with them doesn't mean i will..

3. Do i know what i want? Be sure you have your mind set on a design or idea and don't go ahead with it until you're happy, you wont be the only one that wants to tweak their design, i mean you're the one that has to live with it after all. 

4. Have i done my research? This is one of the most crucial parts of your process, don't just walk into the first parlour you see and climb on into the chair, have a look around, speak to people who have tattoos similar to your style. Artists are most likely to have instagram, facebook pages etc.. This is not something to jump into!!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.. 
There is semi-permanent options!!

If you're just looking for a quick non-permanent fix for a festival, party or special occasion there's always an alternative to the real thing. Who remembers 'billy stampers'? The fake tattoos that you applied with warm water and they washed off in a few days?! Well Seekers of sun have brought back the trend in the most chic way possible! 




What are your guys opinions on the subject? Let me know in the comments below!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey loved this post, the day after I turned 18 I went and got a half sleeve done and I don't regret it at all! I feel as when growin up I used to watch my mum come home with different tattoos and piercings so since a young age I've been intrigued, I deffo think having a few months/year to think about exactly what you want helps a lot!

    Shannon xx

    prettylittlef0x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I think when you're surrounded by tattoos it just makes you want one even more!xx

      Delete