Tuesday 7 October 2014

Skincare and Makeup haul


So it reached that point in my Beauty cycle where everything seems to just be running out all at the same time, now as much as i love shopping for new makeup, trawling through shops just getting your basics can get pretty boring. So i thought, while i'm here i might as well treat myself and pick up a few new things to try!


First things first- skincare. Now, obviously straight away i grabbed my trusty Garnier micellar cleansing water (£4.99), as i have oily skin i try and use the least amount of beauty cleansing products i can because i feel the more i use, the worse my skin gets. So this is perfect for an all in one cleanse.

Next i picked up a Simple kind to eyes eye make-up remover (£3.49) I absolutely love the Simple products, this eye makeup remover is oil-free thus making sure no extra oil is added into my skin!

 Sanctuary spa for me, used to be a 'christmas only' brand, the kind of products you get in gift sets at christmas and never bought at any other time of the year, but, that was before i was introduced to the specific range for refining pores, evening out blemishes, everything you need as a teenage girl! So today i picked up the Sanctuary exfoliating pore refiner to try, i've not used this before so if anyone has please leave me a review in the comments!!

I am a huge fan of Benefit at the moment, i think the products are amazing, the packaging is to die for and the Christmas gifts are amazinggggg!!! So when browsing through Boots Christmas section and i found the Benefit Pick N Mix, i was in cosmetic heaven! Basically, you can buy 4 miniatures of Benefits best selling items for £15. So i picked up the benefit porefessional primer.
*Top tip: If you're a money saver like me, buying 4 7ml= 28ml for a total of £15, is cheaper than buying the full sized tube for £24.50!!*


Next up- Makeup. Now i may have gone a little overboard and didn't really buy anything i ACTUALLY needed.. But when you're standing at the MAC counter and the ever so beautiful makeup artist is trying on all of these amazingggg products, it's rude to say no! Right???

One thing i did actually need was new foundation, and i can't resist the MAC studio fix fluid, it even smells good!
 I've been searching for a nice nude lipstick, just slightly darker than my natural colour for ages, so when i spyed Honey Love i really was in love.
Lastly from MAC, i've had a quad palette for quite a while now with two pinky tones in and i've never known what to fill it with, so i decided to get a colour i could use for everything, base, inner corner and brow bone, and it turns out nylon is the perfect colour for that.

While we're on the subject of MAC, i had been eyeing up their new concealer/contour sticks that have been released (i think they're about £21.50) HOWEVER, saving myself 2/3rds of the price, i headed over to Maxfactor and picked up a panstik for £6.99. Now i remember when i was little, this was the ONLY foundation my grandma would use, it's a thick and creamy foundation with a super coverage (more like a concealer if you ask me) but it's perfect for contouring! The darkest shade is 'cool copper' which i purchased and it does exactl the same job as the MAC sticks.
I also picked up from Maxfactor a very autumnal nail varnish in the shade ruby fruit.

Do i even have to explain the wonderfullness of Benefit's they're real mascara? No? didn't think so.

Last but not least, i love myself a Matter bronzer, i just think it gives you so much more of a natural looking tan and can also double up as a contourer or even eyeshadow, if you're feeling brave so i picked up this L'oreal bronzer in the shade 06.






If anyone would like to recommed a fourth shade to complete my MAC palette please let me know! I need your help!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. The mac lipstick shade looks lovely

    http://elizabethslifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's to die for! I haven't stopped wearing it since i bought it x

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of the Benefit pic n mix, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one! You got some lovely MAC goodies too x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The benefit pick n mix is such a good idea! It's super cheap for their best sellers as well x

      Delete